Meet your physiotherapist - Gina Perrault
May is National physiotherapy month so I thought I would take the time to introduce myself. Hi 👋🏻 my name is Gina Perrault, physiotherapist and founder of Restorative Sports Therapy. Let me tell you a little bit about myself.
- I knew I wanted to be a Physio since grade 10- I tore my ACL playing basketball and I will never forget my first physio, Estelle, she planted the seed and it has been growing since.
- I had horrible grades in school, I made it into university with a 65 average. I had two teachers at U of L, Dr. Lesley Brown and Ilsa Wong, who challenged and believed in me like no other teachers had. I can honestly say much of my success in school was due to them. I am forever thankful to teachers who encourage students and meet them where they are at.
- My word for this year is FOUNDATIONS. It is what I hope to build this practice on.
- In my spare time you will find me with my family and friends- they are my top priority, along with daily self care in the form of some sort of movement, gratitude practice or reading for personal growth.
- I believe in quality over quantity- in movement, relationships, Instagram posts, google reviews, as well as handbags and coats 💁🏻♀️.
- Blue is my favorite color, my husbands blueberry bison burgers are my favorite meal and ice cream is my favorite treat.
- I love to sing! I make up songs on the daily for my kids 🎶
- I have not drank a drop of alcohol in 5 years.
- I’m a sucker for romantic comedies.
- I hated being needled when I first started practicing acupuncture, it took me 3 years to really “love” it (and I use that term loosely). I’d rather have another c-section than get radial shock wave to my Achilles 😂...I’M KIDDING, but I have a very low pain tolerance, hence why I hate getting out of my comfort zone physically and mentally. It’s a work in progress.
If you’ve stuck around this long to reach the end of the post, thank you. I hope you will stick around long enough for me to show you my vision of physiotherapy cultivated through Restoratives core values of: service, knowledge, passion, community and innovation.
~Find your passion, find what moves you, find your strength in movement~